site stats
Wet Noodle Posse | Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall Snacks

When I was a kid my mom always made a big deal about the new TV season. We’d take our baths early and snuggle in our pjs in front of the TV, either on the couch or on a pallet on the floor. And Mom would have snacks. Maybe we'd have the same foods throughout the year, but these are the ones I relate to this time of year.

1) Marshmallow pumpkins and candy corn. Mix them with peanuts, and yum!

Photobucket

2) Apples with caramel dip. Okay, in those days, it was the cubes of caramel, and they'd maybe be melted, but now there's the dip you can buy, and, well, yum!

Photobucket

3) Popcorn. My favorite flannel pjs have pictures of popcorn and bottles of Coke on them. So me!

Photobucket

4) Chocolate Reese's cookies. I rarely bake anymore, but this time of year brings it out in me, and these are a favorite.

Photobucket

What are some of your favorite fall snacks? Are you watching any new shows? Impressed with any returning ones?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Theresa Ragan said...

Wow, these snacks all look delicious! Usually I go for the popcorn or pistachio nuts!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

Candy corn (love those pumpkin-shaped ones). Miniature chocolate bars (years ago you could only get them around Halloween). Apple pie.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Mo H said...

MJ,
I love apples with caramel dip, too! I watched Glee last night, which I love. I also love Drop Dead Diva!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Terry McLaughlin said...

After many years of ignoring TV, I finally made a date with the sofa to watch the Castle season opener. I'm not sure that will become a habit (I might pay for downloads and watch when I choose, on my computer), but it was a major step. TV may be inching its way back into my life.

Or not :-).

Mo, my daughter raves about Glee. I'll have to take a peek.

Fall treats? Hey, if I enjoy a certain food, I eat it all year 'round, LOL! But that picture of the caramel-dipped apple slices...tempting. I think I'll make some for my granddaughter the next time she visits.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Please post the recipe for the chocolate Reece's cookies. Until a few seconds ago my favorite fall treat was those peanut butter kisses wrapped in black and orange paper, but now...

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Glee's wonderful... we love it. And I love all the snacks posted. Yum!! You reminded me of a cool trick to do with candles for the holidays--take candy corn and put it in a hurricane candle holder. Then nestle the pillar candle in it and voila--pretty and sweet all at the same time.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger MJFredrick said...

Oh, Patricia! Yes, the mini bars! My boss buys those all the time for meetings now, though.

I've not tried Drop Dead Diva, Maureen. But I really enjoy Glee.

Terry, Castle is WONDERFUL! I love Nathan Fillion, and think Stana Katic is stunning and talented. One of my favorite shows.

Karen, here you go:

REESE'S CHEWY CHOCOLATE COOKIE
1 1/4 c. butter, softened
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. unsifted all-purpose flour
3/4 c. Hershey's cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. (12 oz. pkg.) Reese's Peanut Butter Chips

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually blend into creamed mixture. Stir in chips.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 9 minutes. Do not overbake. Cookies will be soft; they will puff while baking and flatten while cooling. Cool slightly. Remove from cookie sheet. Makes about 4 1/2 dozen.

Christine, what a GREAT idea! Must try that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]